DEEP DEEP SOUTH SAFARI26 February - 9 March 2022
10 dive days on route Abu Fandira – St. John – Rocky – Fury Shoal – Elphinstone
Boat: M/Y TURQUOISE
- 26.02. Arrive – check-in
- 27.02. Abu Dabab (drift check dive)
- 28.02. Rocky – Zabarged
- 01.03. Rocky – Zabarged
- 02.03. Fandira
- 04.03. Habili Ali – Small St. John – St. John’s caves
- 05.03. Farshet St. John – Wreck of Kamasha – Dolphin reef
- 06.03. Maksur – Malahi – Claudia
- 07.03. Shaab Sharm – Farshet Wadi Gemal
- 08.03. Elphinstone – back to port Galib
- 09.03. Check out
* Plan can be change according to weather conditions.
- – Dimension: 45m long – 9m wide
– Built: 2020
– Capacity: 32 pax
– All cabins (6 suites + 11 dbl rooms) contains a bathroom and air condition
– 2 covered area: saloon and restaurant
– 3 large sundecks
– Nitrox membrane system
– Trimix and sofnolime available. Booster for gas fillings.
Price 2200 EUR / PAX
- Fullboard accommodation
- Taxes, permissions
- Marine Park fee
- Dive guide
- 12L tank and weights
- Group T-shirt
- Inter Visa
- Staff tips 120 EUR
- Environment fee 80 EUR
- OC Nitrox 80 EUR / week
- 15L tank 40 EUR / week
For Rebreather divers:
Package 230 EUR
- 2 rebreather tanks
- Sofnolime / one fill / day
- Reb O2 for all week
- 1 S80 Stage cylinder
For Trimix CCR divers:
50 EUR / cylinder + gas usage during a week.
Your usage will be calculated when you return the cylinder.
- Nitrox 50% 12 EUR / fill
- Nitrox 80% 15 EUR / fill
- 100% O2 20 EUR / fill
With this safari, we offer you to explore the rarely dived Egyptian Red Sea near Sudan border. Amazing reef systems, drift dives, Drop-offs, shark dives, and even wreck dives. We gonna explore at least 2 farsas, deeper huge reefs which highest tops are 35 -40 meters beneath the surface and going well over 100 meters deep.
Water is usually this time of the year 26 -27 Celcius near the Sudan border which is another + for wetsuit divers. This winter season (beginning March 2021) same time water was 24 degrees at Elphinstone which is the northernmost reef we gonna dive during this safari.
Click into the Dive Highlights!
Offering the greatest diversity of diving Red Sea. It`s astonishing coral walls, coral garden, and caves.
- Habili Ali is an oval shaped reef, its walls and ridges are full of beautiful coral and full of Marin life , Drift diving is the best way to admire the inlaid coral and reef fish living in the steep walls.
- Gotta Soghair: small reef with the best drop off at the area, all the sides are slope off and droop off to deep, covered with soft coral, gorgonian and black coral growing on the walls. The south edge of the reef is full of hard coral and conical shaped coral, so it’s hard to step.
- Dangerous Reef is the most south dive site at St. John area, it takes a diamond shape. The south tip of the diamond there is a sandy sloping bottom with hard coral down to 30 m. The main reef has some fissures making small tunnels, out of the tunnels east or west a good coral garden.
- Dangerous reef is the best choice after the deep dives and also offer us shelter for the night and excellent night dive.
- St John’s cave, an area where shallow cracks open up into small caverns, which natural light allow easy penetration, caves hang up at depth 3-8m.
800 m long cucumber shaped reef, often compared to the Red Sea classic, Elphinston, and with steep drop off.
Maksur has amazing south plateau two steps covered with mixture soft, hard coral and two pinnacles like towers.
Elphinstone Reef is one of the most famous dive sites in the World and offers some of the best scuba diving in the Red Sea!
The Elphinstone reef is located 12km offshore and about 30km from Marsa Alam. This dive site is famous for its wonderful drift dives along deep steep walls. The coral is really great and unspoiled.The Elphinstone Reef is also famous for being one of the few places on Earth where you can dive with the Oceanic Whitetip Shark as well as Harmmerhead Sharks.
Located 300km South of Marsa Alam, almost at Sudan border. There is 7km of reef line that offers corals blocks, soft coral, humphead parrotfish. Near reef system are also some undercover reefs, farsas. Our goal during this trip to explore 2 of them.
This island is located 180km South of Deadalus reef, 70km from the mainland. The island has exquisite turquoise bays, sandy beaches, and 235 high hills at its center. Eastside has dropoff to 600m, south breeding site for green turtles, the north site has the Russian Spa wreck “Alkhanka”.
Around 150km south of Marsa Alam, Fury Shoals is 30km long chain of dive sites offering coral pinnacles, lagoons, dropoff, drift dives, and a great chance for Dolphins, such as Sataya – dolphin reef a very large horseshoe reef. The distance from the east to the west side is more than 3km. The depth in the inner part ranges from 3m to 15m. It is very common to spot a pod of spinner dolphins. East site is mixed drop off, pinnacles, stony plateau, and coral garden.
Rocky island located 5 km south of Zabargad Island.
Triangle-shaped island, surrounded by a short reef plateau with steep walls pushing up from the abyss, exposed to strong currents. Which perfect condition for sharks.
Shaab Sharm is located 40km south of Marsa Alam. Shaab Sharm is a kidney stone-shaped reef with sloping walls, at the east tip is a plateau covered by soft coral, arrange of hard coral. If you are lucky you can spot Manta and Oceanic sharks. Under the plateau is a large overhead cave at a depth of 50 m to 50 inside.
BOAT AND SAFARI Gallery:
Jari Toivonen will be the group leader.
He is an IANTD CCR Adv. Trimix Instructor and Examiner.
Read more about him HERE.
Basem Ibrahim, famous Instructor and tour leader.
Known by many due his 20 year career in Egyptian Red Sea.
Owner of Masters Red Sea